Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Aww Crap

Words cannot decsribe the feeling I had when the Ball left Jason Bay's bat last night. I thought "here we go. this is the thing that will put us in the lead and now we have the divisions because these bastards have choked." (seriuosly that all went through my head) Not 30 minutes later I was lying in bed going "Awww crap are we going to be able to catch these guys?" I know it was one game in a long season, but didn't it have the feel of something more last night? We were right on the brink and could have taken back what is rightfully ours and didn't. I still think we are going to pull off the division somehow, we play them I think 4 more times. But when Papalbon blew the save it was like a giant kick in the Crotch to all of us who stayed up for what seemed like the longest game ever for a score so low. Oh well. Just feeling Down about it today. We will be fine in the long run, but still it just kinda took the wind right out of my sail.

2 comments:

Nik said...

I am right with you there buddy. My spirits were lifted when Bay hit that...I was like, "Yeah, that's why we're the RED SOX baby!!" And then Pap came in and I could just tell he didn't have it.

It was such a disappointment especially because Bay deserved the credit so much.

But like you said, we have a long month ahead. We can and I believe we will pull it off and win the division.

Rawson said...

no my friend, staying up for the longest game with the lowest score was tonights game which was like getting kicked in the balls right after getting kicked in the balls......then driving home with crushed balls.